Monday 7 June 2010

Unemployed Poker Players and Mr Chest...

So many dates, not enough time.... it really is a struggle to know where to start... I'm tempted to say the beginning, but then that would be so ordinary... so lets start with now... right now...

I'm sitting here and as has become my habit whenever I log on, I open up the dating site to check my new messages. When and how did looking for a man become a habit? As I sit here writing this I begin to wonder if that indeed is my first mistake... Maybe 'J' in work is right... maybe I should stop looking? The mere concept of complete inactivity terrifies me though! I don't want to be able to wear big knickers and face the possibilty of being eaten by Alsations... I don't want to be alone... so for now I think I'm stuck, stuck searching, too optimistic to hang up my towel just yet, although I fear the existence of this blog may mean it has just inched a little closer to the hook...

So, having given up on giving up for today I venture into my in box...

I'll keep it brief...
'C' 45 and has two teenage children (is it being too fussy to discount him as being too old and assuming he doesn't want more kids?)
'R' 34, decent job, decent looking (but tells me he has issues with food... now is it me or is that a strange thing to tell someone you've never met?!)
'P' 27, no job, and has included in his profile a love of poker (Poker? seriously? an unemployed gambler... please tell me there is more for me out there than that?)
include two messages from 23/25 year olds asking for sex (I gave up trying to convince myself this was flattering months ago, its more insulting that they cant even be bothered to read my profile!) and that's it...

Hmm... I am a little disappointed not to have had another message from the rather dishy one that contacted me yesterday - to catch you up... 6ft4, IT consultant, own house, own car and an amazingly attractive chest in his pic (I'm a real sucker for a manly hairy chest!) in fact I'll call him Mr Chest - but in fairness to him, he's probably busy at work so I can wait...

Thanks but No Thanks messages sent to the others.... and I remain optimistic that tomorrow will be more fruitful... hopefully Mr Chest will reply at least.... ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment